22 Crazy Food Secrets That Will Make You Say “Whoa”
1. The only reason Dubble Bubble is pink is because that’s the only color they had in the lab.
2. Junior Mints were created by the brother of the guy who invented Sugar Babies and Sugar Daddies.
3. Red Vines are actually made from a dough. The ingredients include wheat flour, corn syrup, citric acid, flavoring, and red coloring, and the cooking process is very similar to baking bread or cookies.
7. There’s such a thing as carbonated fruit (it was started as a way to make kids eat fruit).
8. One of the supposed reasons behind doughnuts having a hole in the middle is that it prevents the doughnuts from having a gooey center when they are removed from the fryers.
9. To correctly make a French doughnut, the water used has to be a particular temperature. If it’s too cold, the yeast won’t be activated; too hot, you’ll kill the yeast. The final dough should be 80 degrees.
10. Land O’Lakes’ butter wrappers help prevent the flavors in your fridge from seeping into the butter.
11. You should take out butter 30 minutes before you’re ready to use it for a better butter experience.
12. How does the actual fortune paper get into a fortune cookie? A machine usesair pressure to grab a piece of paper and then places it on a piece of cookie dough that is then folded around the fortune.