23 Perfect Words For Emotions You Never Realised Anyone Else Felt
1. The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows is “a compendium of invented words” written by graphic designer and editor John Koenig.
2. “Each original definition aims to fill a hole in the language — to give a name to emotions we all might experience but don’t yet have a word for,” Koenig writes.
3. Koenig has coined dozens of words since he founded the site in 2009, pinpointing and defining emotions many people have felt but haven’t been able to communicate.
4. “Each word actually means something etymologically, having been built from one of a dozen languages or renovated jargon.”
5. Along with the Tumblr, Koenig now produces a weekly video on his YouTube channel, and offers detailed etymologies of his words on Facebook.
Find more words at The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows.