Warning: You might make grow gray hairs reading this.
1. The year 2000 is as far away as 2030.
2. Shawn and Cory are now older than Mr. Turner was when he started on Boy Meets World.
3. It’s been nine years since High School Musical first danced its way into our lives.
4. J.Lo’s ICONIC green Grammys dress moment happened 15 years ago.
5. While it has been 14 years since Britney Spears did her iconic performance of “I’m a Slave 4 U” at the VMAs.
6. She also had her first child nearly 10 years ago.
7. Also turning 10: the death of Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston’s marriage and the birth of Brangelina.
8. If Back to the Future took place today, Marty McFly would be traveling back to 1985…
In the movie, Marty time-traveled 30 years back, from 1985 to 1955.
9. …and if The Wonder Years aired today, it would take place in 1995.
The Wonder Years, which originally aired in 1988, took place 20 years earlier, in 1968.
10. Discovery Zone killed your childhood by closing its doors 16 years ago.
11. The Motorola Razr is 11 years old…
12. …and so is Facebook.
13. Kids today don’t know what iPods are:
My brother just picked up an iPod and asked “what’s this??” I feel old and sad
— Madeline Kane (@maduuhlynn) June 1, 2015
14. Pac-Man turned 35 this year.
15. Every kid’s favorite toy/worst nightmare, Furby, turned 17.
16. While Buffy the Vampire Slayer first premiered 18 years ago.
17. This is how old the “teenage” cast of The O.C. is today:
18. And if Friends was still on the air today, this is how old the characters would be:
19. While Ross’ son, Ben, would be 20. And the actor who played him, Cole Sprouse, has already graduated college:
I still remember Cole Sprouse as Ben in Friends and now he’s graduated in real life I feel old af pic.twitter.com/pytGV7qo2M
— Childhood Shows (@ChildhoodShows) June 5, 2015
20. Most high school seniors who graduated this year were born the same year (1997) that both the Spice Girls and Hanson dropped their debut singles (“Wannabe” and “MMMBop,” respectively) in the U.S.
21. While most kids who will enter high school this year were born in 2001.
22. Which means they were born the same year that “Lady Marmalade” was a hit…
23. …and after NSYNC’s “Bye Bye Bye” ruled the airwaves.
24. Speaking of NSYNC, they haven’t released a new album in 13 years…
25. …and its been 20 years since they first formed!!!
26. Hard to believe, but it’s been 13 years since Mariah Carey gave us the ICONIC tour of her crib.
27. It’s been this long since these TV series first entered our lives:
i feel old pic.twitter.com/wIDo5LbriK
— The 90s Life (@The90sLife) May 31, 2015
28. TLC told us not to go chasing waterfalls, 20 years ago…
29. …which is also when Seal was kissed by a rose on the gray.
30. There hasn’t been a new issue of Teen Peoplesince 2006.
Also, Nick and Jessica have been broken up for almost decade.
31. Andy from Toy Story would be 26 years old today, and most likely would have already graduated college.
In the first Toy Story movie — that came out 20 years ago — Andy had just turned 6.
32. It’s been eight years since the last Harry Potterbook, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was published.
33. And speaking of Harry Potter, the BIG announcement on who would be playing Hermione, Harry, and Ron in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone happened in the year 2000!!!
YES, THIS HAPPENED 15 YEARS AGO!!!