Bar ‘Accidentally’ Kills Man With Glass Of Dishwasher Detergent

In a wine bar in Vinaros, Spain, Andres Lorente was served a glass of dishwasher detergent which was, for whatever reason, stored in a glass bottle inside the cafe’s refrigerator. Doesn’t everyone put cleaning fluids in wine bottles and keep them in their fridge? I do /sarcasm/

The 49-year-old man died of massive internal burns after drinking cleaning fluid he thought was white wine in the city of Benicarló in the Spanish province of Castellón.

This all happened on Sunday afternoon, according to the Local, when Lorente had only a few sips before feeling incredible burns in his throat and stomach. Staff was immediately alerted to the mishap, and an ambulance rushed to the scene.

Lorente died before doctors were able to air-lift him to a medical center with specialists for this sort of thing.

The director of the department of Gastroenterology at Castellón General Hospital, José Antonio Martín, warned that ingesting even a small amount of such a concentrated liquid can be lethal.

The owner of the cafe is facing manslaughter charges. However, Metro UK reported that investigators believe this was done in part by accident rather than foul play.

“Everything at the moment is pointing towards a tragedy caused by negligence rather than ill-intent,” said one source.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More Boobs - Less Politics ​​

And Now... A Few Links From Our Sponsors