FASCINATING FACTS: 13 Facts About Yoda – Know These, You Should
If you love the Star Wars films, television series or the comics, take a few minutes to read these facts about our little green friend, Yoda.
- Yoda’s first name was never mentioned because George Lucas wanted to leave him with just one name to enhance the mystery that surrounds him. There are theories that his first name is Minch, however Minch is another Jedi who is the same species as Yoda.
- Yoda was born in 896 BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin) and died in 4 ABY (After the Battle of Yavin). This made Yoda 900 years old.
- Yoda is 66cm tall and 17kg in weight.
- Yoda’s species were never explained, or given a name. The most famous members of Yoda’s species are Minch, Oteg, Vandar Tokare, Yaddle and of course Yoda himself.
- Yoda was trained by Jedi Master N’Kata Del Gormo.
- Yoda is one of the few Jedi (and Sith) who kept his robe on during combat.
- In less than 100 years, Yoda achieved the title and rank of Jedi Master.
- Yoda was voiced by Frank Oz in the Star Wars films, who also does the voice of the Cookie Monster and Miss Piggy from the Muppets.
- Yoda used a cane to help him walk in his later life, although he was capable of throwing it aside and moving quickly while using the Force.
- Yoda was a master of lightsaber combat, he was one of the greatest duelists of all time.
- Yoda’s eye colour is green.
- There was a worm discovered 1.5 miles beneath the Atlantic in 2012, it has been named after Yoda. It has large lips on the sides of its head which reminded them of Yoda’s ears. This worm is called Yoda purpurata.
- Yoda’s last words were “Luke. There is another Skywalker.” – To Luke Skywalker.