FASCINATING FACTS: 17 Facts That Sound Fake But Are Actually Totally True
1. You can hear the difference between hot and cold water when it’s poured.
2. Sharks existed before trees.
3. Blue eyes are newer to the human race than pottery.
4. Charlie Chaplin and 50 Cent were alive at the same time.
5. Cumulus clouds can weigh more than a million pounds.
6. One 17-inch pizza is more pizza than two 12-inch pizzas.
7. The state of Michigan is slightly bigger than Great Britain.
8. All peacocks are male.
9. More people are killed each year by cows than by sharks.
10. The 2% margin of error the Chinese government aims for when taking their population census is larger than the entire population of Australia.
11. A quarter of all the bones in the human body are in the feet.
12. The people who first measured Mount Everest actually added a couple inches so the number didn’t sound made-up.
13. Twice as many people use the New York City subway system each year than fly on domestic U.S. flights.
14. Lighters were invented before matches.
15. When the Krakatoa volcano erupted in 1883, the sound was so loud that it could be heard at least 3,000 miles away.
16. The population of California is larger than the entire population of Canada.
17. The world’s population doubled in the last 50 years.