Categories
Awesome HOLIDAY WTF

FELIZ NAVI-DEAD: Officials Order Ohio Man To Kill Off Ghoulish ‘Zombie’ Nativity Scene He Constructed Outside His Home

The Zombie Nativity scene as visible from the road in the front yard of the home of Jasen Dixon.

The Zombie Nativity scene as visible from the road in the front yard of the home of Jasen Dixon.

It’s a Nativity scene sure to cause a case of the heebie-jeebies.

An Ohio man has fashioned an unusual exhibit that looks more like a zombie Apocalypse than the birth of Jesus — and authorities are not amused.

For the second year in a row, Jasen Dixon, manager of “13 Rooms of Doom” haunted house, assembled the eerie biblical interpretation on his front lawn and was asked to take it down.

Last year, Sycamore Township officials ordered him to dismantle his display because he didn’t have a permit, according to Fox19 Now.

He didn’t comply.

Unfazed by the squabble in 2014, Dixon began soliciting donations to fund this year’s creepy creation, as well as any potential citations that he predicted he’d accrue, according to his Facebook page.

Last year, Sycamore Township officials ordered him to dismantle his display because he didn’t have a permit.

Last year, Sycamore Township officials ordered him to dismantle his display because he didn’t have a permit.

This year, he took the extra step of securing a permit for his exhibit, but received a letter indicating his application had been denied because it violated the town’s zoning code.

“I got all the paperwork and how it was wrote out, and it says as long as it’s not over 200 square foot that I can have it without a permit, and it’s about 65 square foot,” Dixon told the news station.

He has yet to take down the display despite being threatened with a $500 fine for each day he preserves it.

As of Friday morning, he’s already racked up a $500 fine, according to CBS12.

Dixon believes the censure he’s received is less about zoning criteria and more about the content of his ghoulish Nativity scene.

 This year, he took the extra step of securing a permit for his exhibit, but received a letter indicating his application had been denied.

This year, he took the extra step of securing a permit for his exhibit, but received a letter indicating his application had been denied.

“I think it’s the theme. It just rubs people the wrong way and it puts the spotlight on me. That’s why they’re coming down so hard on me,” he told CBS12.

He said the exhibit has also garnered mixed reviews among the general population.

“My father hates it. The other neighbors, they drive by and give me a thumbs up,” Dixon told Fox19 Now.

Dixon admitted that this will likely be his last year constructing the daring display and assured that any residual funds he received for it will be donated to St. Jude Children’s Hospital.

 

SOURCE

 

 

FELIZ NAVI-DEAD: Officials Order Ohio Man To Kill Off Ghoulish ‘Zombie’ Nativity Scene He Constructed Outside His Home

2 replies on “FELIZ NAVI-DEAD: Officials Order Ohio Man To Kill Off Ghoulish ‘Zombie’ Nativity Scene He Constructed Outside His Home”

Naturally every other nativity scene on private land has a permit.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

​​HIGH OCTANE INTERNET CHAOS
More Boobs - Less Politics ​​

And Now... A Few Links From Our Sponsors