Las Vegas Is The Most Sinful City In America (But Florida Has 3 Cities In The Top 10)
“What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas” and “Sin City” are two slogans used to describe Las Vegas, and that’s with good reason.
A study ranking ‘The Most Sinful Cities In America’, finds Las Vegas at number one with a Vice Index of 58.2. The Vice Index is a composite score of data found by WalletHub that analyzed data from violent crimes per capita, to excessive drinking, to adult entertainment establishments per capita. The data was then broken down into 7 categories of ‘deadly sins’: Anger & Hatred, Jealousy, Excesses & Vices, Greed, Lust, Vanity, and Laziness.
Here are the top 15 ranked cities:
- 1. Las Vegas (ranks #1 in Vanity and #3 in Greed)
- Orlando, FL (ranks #5 in Anger & Hatred and #6 in Lust)
- Miami, FL (ranks #5 in Jealousy and #7 in both Lust and Vanity)
- St. Louis, MO
- North Las Vegas, NV
- Henderson, NV
- Detroit, MI (ranks #5 in Excesses & Vices)
- Baton Rouge, LA
- Tampa, FL
- New Orleans, LA (ranks #9 in Greed)
- Richmond, VA
- Cincinnati, OH
- Charleston, WV (ranks #1 in Anger & Hatred and #1 in Excesses & Vices)
- Dover, DE
- Gulfport, MS
The state of Nevada and Florida both have 3 cities in the top 10, presumably making them the most sinful states in America. Orlando, Miami, and Tampa are much more spread apart than North Las Vegas and Las Vegas though, so we’ll give the edge to Florida.
Honorable mention: Louisiana
They had two cities in the top 10, but unlike Nevada and Florida, they can boast about having the world’s best Cajun food.
To view the complete list of sinful cities, click here.