Man Stabbed Goes To Pub With Knife Sticking Out Of His Back

Man Stabbed Goes To Pub With Knife Sticking Out Of His Back

UPDATE: Owner of the Beerwah Hotel, Rick Gazzard has released a statement on social media following an alleged stabbing at the weekend.

The Sunshine Coast Daily reported that a man allegedly stabbed in a Beerwah assault went back to the Beerwah Hotel he was kicked out of and had one last beer before calling the paramedics.

Mr Gazzard said this information was incorrect.

“These are the facts relating to the incident,” he said.

“Two males entered the Beerwah Hotel at 11.04pm last Saturday night.

“The younger of the two males became involved in an incident with a patron in the DOSA facing Beerwah Parade at 11.09pm.

“That male was evicted for his actions by security and both males then left the hotel and were seen by staff to be walking towards Beerwah Railway Station.

“Some 40 minutes later at 11.48pm the older male returned to the Hotel seeking assistance from staff and security because he had a knife in his back.

“He was provided with a seat outside the hotel on the footpath in Beerwah Parade while he waited for an ambulance which had been called by staff and security.

“The male was not stabbed at the Hotel and he did not enter the hotel with a knife stuck in his back to order one last beer as has been reported by the Sunshine Coast Daily!”

EARLIER: A 27-YEAR-OLD man allegedly stabbed in the back at Beerwah last night stopped in at the pub before calling the police.

A Queensland Police Service spokeswoman said police would allege a fight between two men that started at the Beerwah Hotel and moved out on the road on Turner St saw a 20-year-old Beerwah man allegedly stab a Caboolture man.

The QPS spokeswoman said the two men were initially kicked out of the pub for fighting.

It’s alleged when the fight moved elsewhere the 20-year-old stabbed the older man in the back with a knife.

However, the victim returned to the pub, the knife still in his back the QPS spokeswoman said.

He soon called the police and was transported to the Sunshine Coast University Hospital in a stable condition.

The QPS spokeswoman said the two men were known to each other and one man was currently assisting police with their inquiries.

She said a “substantial” amount of alcohol was involved.

No charges have been laid.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More Boobs - Less Politics ​​

And Now... A Few Links From Our Sponsors