Bored China MEDICAL News

Woman’s Fart Ignites During Surgery

Woman’s Fart Ignites During Surgery

Hat Tip to Draculya for this explosive story.

TOKYO - JANUARY 18: (L to R) The Tokyo University Hospital is pictured January 18, 2003 in Tokyo. An operation to remove Emperor Akihito's cancerous prostate gland was successfully performed. The operation lasted three hours and 40 minutes and according to the surgeons, there were no signs that the disease had spread. (Photo by Koichi Kamoshida/Getty Images)

The Tokyo University Hospital where the incident occurred

So far, the Snopes jury is still out on this one, but according to the Japanese outlet the Asahi Shimbun, a patient undergoing laser surgery on her cervix was reportedly severely burned after gas she passed during the procedure caught on fire, spreading across her waist and legs.

The incident occurred on 15 April of this year at the Tokyo Medical University Hospital in Shinjuku Ward but a committee has only just concluded its investigation.

It found there were no flammable materials in the operating theatre and all equipment was functioning normally at the time.

The report concluded:

“When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire.”

The woman is thought to have survived but her condition is not known.

Despite the dubious atypical source of this accident, operating room fires are a known and common enough occurrence, considering the often oxygen-rich environments they occur in. All the more reason to stay away from beans and broccoli ahead of going under the knife.



2 replies on “Woman’s Fart Ignites During Surgery”

I hear her cervix was blown through the wall and clear into the next womb.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More Boobs - Less Politics ​​

And Now... A Few Links From Our Sponsors